Select Page

The disbelief of the Russian authorities about the role of ISIS in the attack on the concert hall in Moscow

The disbelief of the Russian authorities about the role of ISIS in the attack on the concert hall in Moscow

A spokesman for the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that it was “very difficult” to believe that the horrific attack on a concert hall in Moscow was the responsibility of ISIS.

Maria Zakharova suggested, without providing evidence, that Ukraine may have been behind the attack, which killed and wounded at least 140 people.

The spokesperson of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated in a press conference in Moscow that the West, in order to avoid the responsibility of Ukraine and Western governments in this attack, quickly attributed all the responsibility to ISIS. Zakharova added:

“To ward off suspicion from the West, they needed to think urgently; therefore, they turned to ISIS. A few hours after the terrorist attack, media close to the West began to publish this narrative.

“On Wednesday, Russian government investigators said they had received 143 reports of people missing in the wake of the attack. According to confirmed statistics, 140 people, including five children, have been killed so far.

Before this, the American officials had stated that the information of this country shows that ISIS in Khorasan carried out this attack and Washington had also warned the Russian government about this issue.